Thursday, May 11, 2006

MOTHER

A mother generally forgives her kids for all the misdeeds they do. She forgives them because she loves them exceptionally and wants her kids to come up in life and establish themselves. She loves them so much that she willingly makes herself vulnerable and sacrifices her own interests in the interests of her kids. Most of the time she remains concerned about her kids’ welfare and wants them to be safe and successful by all means. So please learn to love your mother unconditionally. Accept every thing that comes into your life as a part of her creation and as a part of your destiny.

In the United States of America MOTHER'S DAY was first suggested in the year of 1872 by JULIA WARD HOWE. PRESIDENT WOODROW WILSON IN 1914 MADE THE OFFICIAL announcement proclaiming MOTHER'S DAY AS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY. That was to be held each year on the 2nd Sunday of MAY. I WANT TO SHARE SOME THING ABOUT INDIAN MOTHERS EVERY ONE IN THIS MOTHER’S DAY.

The Indian mother is not just playing the ‘role’ of mother along with other roles as many western mothers do. She is a mother-totally and completely. When I describe about Indian moms with my American friends the way Indian mother relates to her children, feeding them with her hands, sleeping with them till they are 6 or 8. They are surprised and they told me this behavior goes against the grain of our highly individualistic society where mothers treat children as only one part of their life – placing equal importance on pursuing ambitious moneymaking careers and private interests. This attitude causes mothers to shut their two years old baby in a room at naptime and a set and timer for 15 minutes letting them cry until the timer rings. It creates anger irritation and frustration with one planned activity.

As an Indian mom it is painful to see the complexes building up in the children in America because their parents leave them for 10 or 12 hours a day.

One day a friend of my daughter’s left her two year old girl with me. She was having trouble with napping in a dark closed room. I thought let me lie down with her like an Indian mother. When I did, she was amazed and hugged me like my own baby…it really touched me.

I thanked my mom she was a wonderful and rare woman her gentle compassionate touch shaped my very essence forever. I love you mom I miss you a lot. I know where ever you are you will feel my written words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home